Fireworks Galore

We started our holiday with our family and friends around One o'clock, We played a game of Texas holdem', which I was either in First place or tied for first (with my father-in-law) when we quit the game to start the grillin'.
I grilled chicken, hambugers, & hot dogs; and for sides we had chips & dips, macaroni salad, potato salad, celery with cream cheese, deviled eggs and a few more things.
Let me tell you, You missed some great food if I say so myself. I got everything cooked the way everyone like it, and the chicken was done all the way through. The food went like hot cakes, and than it was time to head outside to let the kids let off their fireworks; they had parachutes, snakes, smoke bombs, sparklers (much to my dismay), snappers and string poppers. The big kids, DH (Darling Husband) and DBIL (Darling Brother-In-Law) let off tons of bottle rockets (to my dismay even more so).
We had tons of deserts: I bake an absolute Almond Pound Cake, Lots-A-Lemon Bars, and Blueberry Cookies...My sister-in-law made pretzel sticks with white chocolate & sprinkles...DH parents brought a two layer Yummy cake, and a friend brought cup cakes, and my twin sister brought cookies and ice cream ( intending to be ice cream sandwiches). So as you can see we were in short supply of sugar products! LOL
We finally got around to our fireworks at dark around Nine-thirty (three house of waiting around for them to start), and our neighbors came home and their friends got there and we were all ready and let the guys get to the business at hand and the show was great. Even Hailey stayed awake all night to see them at four-months. We had a great time with all.
Everyone left around ten-thirty, we got the place cleaned up inside and out, and got the DC (darling chitlens) off to bed and ourselves to bed also. Had a great night and that's my story and that's how I want to tell it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home