~My Life as I know It~

My life as a single working mom and the happenings from day to day living. With three kids sometimes life can be hectic and demanding, this is how I deal with it!

07 July 2006

First Time For Everything

Lastnight our little Hailey slept in her bed ALL NIGHT! Yeah...its the little rewards of having your side of the bed all to yourself! I was able to lay her in her bed, next to ours, and let her put herself to sleep after feeding and burping her. It only took about and hour of her fussing around for her to fall asleep. I came out of the bathroom (from taking makeup off) to find her fast asleep on her back in her OWN bed. I couldn't believe my eyes, I looked at my husband and we both gave the other a wide smile, and new this was an accomplishment, not only for her but for me also. Why me?, you may ask. Because, I didn't give in to her crying and pick her up and put her into bed with us like I have in the past when I tried to make her sleep in her own bed. So, yes I felt a self of accomplishment too.
Now ofcourse, I pulled her bed a little closer to ours, layed down and tried to go to sleep; reached over and pulled it a little closer still and tried again to go to sleep but, still I needed her closer; so I reached over and pulled her all the way over, to where she butted up next to our bed with hers. Finally, I was able to go to sleep. This was around ten p.m., and she awoke around three a.m. to eat, at that time I gave her a bottle, she went back to sleep and woke up at around six to eat and I layed her next to me at that time.
She seems well rested and in a good mood this morning, I however am more tired than when I was sharing my side of the bed with her. Life funny, huh! Now I need to find some caffeine and get ride of this sleep deprived headache. Tell next time, I bid you a restful nights sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home