~My Life as I know It~

My life as a single working mom and the happenings from day to day living. With three kids sometimes life can be hectic and demanding, this is how I deal with it!

23 July 2006

Our Day out

So we decided we are tired of just sitting around the house for yet another Saturday, so we take the chitlens down to Silver Dollar City for the first time this year or, even last year for that matter. We get up and around about ten in the morning (when I say "we" I mean the 3Girls, the boys were already up and had ate breakfast) and get ourselves pulled together and out the door by ten-thirty.
We meet his sister and her two boys, and his mom at a local convience store on the way, and get going. It is a shorter drive now that they have fixed the highway to Branson. We had been down there in quite sometime, so we followed the family.
This was a surprise for the kids, they were not clued in to where we were going intel we pulled up in the parking lot. So this was a long ride for myself and the DH but, we held in there, and this time, did not drop any kids of at the side of the road. I kid, I kid! We did however offer to give them up a few times while at the DP (darling Park).
So we go to the park, a beautiful day for it not to hot, just right. We start the day off on the ride 'Thunderation', which our dear Paige (who is six I remind you), decides that she would like to ride this ride with us. We say okay, good one to start her off on, Grandma stays with the younger kids that did not want to ride it. We are standing in line waiting, and Paige starts talking and does not stop for the most part intel, we get closer to the front of the line and than she is very quite, and I feel her heart and it is beating fast, and she admits she is a little scared. We tell her its okay to be scared but, to know we are there with her and it will be okay.
So the ride takes off and any smile Paige had on her face was quickly removed and replaced with a look of 'holy moly' and stayed that away intel we had finished the ride and we were getting ready to dock. At one point, I remember looking over and thought for sure that she was going to start balling but, she held strong and rode it out and I am very proud of how brave she was.
The rest of the day mainly got spend with letting the kids ride what they wanted to ride and play a game or two. They had a great time, and we did also. It was a great family spent together. We need many more like that.
So today at church we are telling about our trip to a friend of ours and my DH tells her "I offered to trade the kids for some frozen lemonade" (he loves that stuff), and she was "why would you do that?", so my comment was, "because we were thirsty, why else would you offer?" LOL....If I do say so myself, that was a GREAT comeback by me.
So there is little to be said about sitting around at home watching t.v. all the time, where is the fun in that and where is the family bonding that comes out of that.
So I say, if you can and its nice out "get off your butts, and go do something with your kids!" They will remember the days you went and did something fun but, the days you just stayed home will blend together and be forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home