~My Life as I know It~

My life as a single working mom and the happenings from day to day living. With three kids sometimes life can be hectic and demanding, this is how I deal with it!

28 July 2006

Rambling on and on

As you know I am a full-time mom of 1 and a partime mom of 3 and a full-time wife (when he's home) with a small business on the side. Here's my complaint, this may sound selfish and somethings may sound unthinkable to some but, this is how i am feeling so go with it!
The end of summer is coming up, school will be starting in as little as 30 days, I say 'thank God'. Now that may throw some of you off but, here is my line of thinking. I have a baby that is almost five months old, naps only about two hours during the day and a short 30 mintue nap of an evening. I wasn't ready to give up the three hour naps every three hours so soon, she is growing up way to fast for me. I am still five months behind on sleep and need those naps to keep up with the neverending chores of laundry, dishes (yes we have a dishwasher but, it does still take time to load and unload and put away the dishes), changing sheets and washing and putting them back on - however that usually doesn't all happen in one day because, however i do have four beds that need that attention - dusting (haha not very often but, sometimes I do have to give in to that one), vaccuming, moping, cleaning toliets, bathtubs, showers and AHHH! Where does the list end I ask. Guess what it doesn't. Now if you put an almost five month old baby, who needs constant attention all day, and two to three other kids on some weeks on top of all that, and still trying to find time to feed them lunch, yes they get it but, sometimes its late and after being asked only five hundred times that I finally give in and get it to them. And when Paige goes back to school at least she will know that she will get to eat lunch at the same time everyday (lol). And when she goes back to school at least than I will have an excuse to get out of the house and to be in town all day. I have missed that, gas prices keep me and Hailey home most days, except to go workout, which is a another chore I need help with, because motivation is a help.
The only draw back to school starting is that on the weeks we have my two Paige and Lewis we have to get up at 6:30 (yes a.m.) to get ready and out the door in time to get her to school on time. Than I am wishing it was summer. Somethings there just aren't any cure for. And during the school year they do not want to get up that early everyday but, for some reason during the summer they are up on their own by 7:00, whats up with that? I ask.
So I say if I ever get my choice of having someone come in and do something for me once a week, that chore would have to be the laundry. That is the one thing that take up most of my days and more of my days throughout the week.
So that is a rambling of a sahm, who's baby is now napping...so i better go get some more of those mentioned chores done before she awakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home