catching up
We survived! Yes the first week of school is over and we survived, it was touch and go there for awhile but, we were able to pull through. Good thing that the first week was followed by a holiday and an extra day off, so those of us that had gotten use to no curfew for bedtime and getting up late in the day could recoup and get a head start on this week of school. Now this is our week with out my daughter whom I get everyone up early to take to school, but we have apparently gotten ourselves into a rountie (that is Hailey and I) because, we are waking up around 6:30a.m. every moring this week, long days for us both.
Last week went okay, we had a hard time getting Paige and Lewis up a few times but, when they were up things were up and running smoothly. It was a great week, and a great weekend followed. We did not have all the kids, Paige and Lewis's day came and picked them up for a chance at camping one last time (or in their case, first time this summer) before it gets cold our for the season.
Which fall is just around the corner, cooler weather is filling the air of a night, leaving a chill to the air with promise of cooler days ahead. This makes me sad! I love my summer days and nights, I wait three seasons for them to get here for them to leave me so soon. I have already had to doun long sleeves and pants a few times already, and not with a good additude. But, I do love the way the kids look in long sleeves and pants, it makes me remember how much they are growing up, which than makes me sad... Even little Hailey is growing up way to fast, she is already six months old and trying to crawl which means she will be mobile soon.
The best thing about the summer ending is the fall colors. I love the colors that are associtated with fall, the warm cozy colors. The taupes,mocca,burnet orange,burnet red and red-orange... The fire roaring in the fireplace, the cup of hot coco and a good book red by the fire light, covered with a warm blanket... Okay now I am a little excited about fall coming on. I do however dislike (with a passion) winter, I do NOT like to be cold....I distain having to put on more clothes to get warm and still not feeling warm...I don't like my feet getting a numbing feeling because they are frozen. I am a bear, I want to hibernate during winter and stay inside the whole time. But, this year is difference...
We will be in CANCUN for a whole WEEK during december....Hallaluha! Yes we are going to cancun with my sister and BIL and going to 'soak up the sun, put our 45 on, so we can rock on'.....
so thats is my rambling for now, little Hailey is getting upset.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home